- Garden Oak Press only publishes writers we know or who are recommended to us by those whose work is familiar to us.
- We do not accept unsolicited manuscripts.
- No writer is ever charged a fee for our publishing services.
- When specific art work, licensing of art work, special material or extensive manuscript preparation is required, a writer may be required to help defer those costs under our “partnership publishing” concept.
- Our writers are expected to help launch their books by purchasing a minimum of 50 copies — sold at cost. We make no profit on these copies and all revenues from the sale of these copies belong to the writer.
- We donate copies to select public and university libraries, in consultation with our writers, to ensure the permanence of our books.
- Our contracts are written in plain language with no small print.